Pages

Friday, July 1, 2011

Needs New Sleeves

Remember my all-white chandelier in the office? Well, recently I finished a quick, cheap project to add a little color to the chandelier.  Here’s a before to refresh your memory:

IMG_4982

And the after:

finallight_athomewithh So how’d I do it? I simply removed the bulbs and the (broken and ugly) sleeves and then cut some craft paper I already owned to size…

lightsupplies_athomewithh …then wrapped each piece of paper around the sleeve, adhering it with double-sided tape.  This project took me about five minutes and was F.R.E.E.

covered_athomewithh You really can’t get any simpler than that and it adds instant color (that can easily be changed) to an otherwise plain light fixture.  If you do this, make sure your paper doesn’t hang over the top of the sleeve (the part near the bulb) so you don’t start a fire. I’ve had mine turned on all day without any issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!