Pages

Monday, July 25, 2011

U.P. Goods

While I took some time away from the blog I went up north to recharge and to spend a couple of weeks with my folks. Of course while I was there I hit up my favorite antique and thrift stores as well as a local gift shop that I haven’t been to in a while. Surprisingly I only came home with a few things:

First up: Readers Digest books. I love the covers and spines on these old books. My mom gave me four of hers and I bought the other four for around $3 total at a thrift store.

rdbooks_athomewithh rdbooks2_athomewithh After a quick stop to the Leather and Gift Shop , I came home with these huge metal ornaments for a little over $3 each (they were on clearance – 60% off the already reduced price!). I picture hanging them on the front porch for the holidays or maybe in the large living room window. They pull apart for easy storage, which makes me happy since I went back and bought two more (total of four) and I wasn’t sure how I would store these off season.

ornaments_athomewithh  ornaments_apart_athomewithh They were hard to take pictures of so I apologize for the terrible pics. I tried every trick I could think of and nothing seemed to work. This picture of one is truest to color:

one_ornament_athomewithh I love the intricate detail and the repeating circles on both. I cannot wait to hang these! 

That’s it – no furniture and no other trinkets (which is good since my house is too full as it is). Of course going home is always great and it was extremely hard to come back downstate to return to work and my busy life here. I usually have a few posts scheduled to post while I’m at my ‘real’ job but I just haven’t had much time to work on anything lately so content here may be sparse for a few weeks until I get back into my usual groove (and once the heat dies down).

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I LOVE those covers. So much! Are you going to do something with the covers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally in love with the covers too!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!