Pages

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Plug It In

In the dining room portion of Mom’s apartment, there isn’t a hardwired box for a light fixture so we’re looking for a swag plug-in fixture instead. Do you have any idea how hard it is to find a nice one that isn’t expen$ive? I’ve searched high and low and have found a few contenders that *I* like but I’m still not sure what exactly Mom wants.

Target Home Drum Pendant Lamp

target_drumCB2's Eden Pendant Lamp

EdenPendantLampF8Lamp Plus’ Tiffany White Glass Swag Pendant Lamp

tiffanyLamp Plus’ Granada Polished Brass Pendant Swag Light

brassswag

I then thought about making your own swag lights. I figured it would be as easy as buying parts from Home Depot and a nice lampshade to make your own drum shade chandelier (since I’m partial do drum shades). I did a quick search and found instructions from Thrifty Decor Chick but I also found pre-made kits and pendant converters. Shades of Light sells a pendant converter for $29…

pendant converter… while  Shandell’s sells cloth cord light kits.  I think we’d need this one and it sells for $39 but comes in four colors of beautiful twisted cord (red, grey, gold and brown) to choose from.

kit Finally, I figured since you can turn a plug-in light into a hardwired one, can’t you do the opposite as well? I found some instructions online for just this!

How to Convert a Hardwired Chandelier to a Plug-In

Convert an Old Chandelier into a Swag Lamp in Six Steps

Turning a Hard Wired Light into a Swag Light

So now that I’ve done some research Mom just needs to decide what she wants and we’ll tackle it next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!