Pages

Monday, November 28, 2011

Yep – More Ornaments

I got my craft on a couple of weekend’s ago again. What is it about spending the day in your pajamas that makes you feel all crafty? This time I decided to revamp some existing glass bulbs that I’ve had for, oh, eleven years. I bought these ornaments when I got my very first Christmas tree in December 2000.

You’ll need:

yarnornaments_supplies_athomewithh

  • Ornament
  • Craft glue – I used Aleene’s Tacky Glue
  • Small paint brush (not shown – oops!)
  • Yarn

This couldn’t be easier. You just lift the top/cap of the ornament and slide the end of your yarn down into the ornament.

yarnornaments_yarn_athomewithh Replace the cap and then cover half of the ornament in glue using the small paint brush.

yarnornaments_glue_athomewithh Starting at the top, wrap the yarn around the ornament, making sure to press down onto the glue as you go so the yarn doesn’t shift and bunch up. You also want to wrap the yarn pretty tightly so the bulb doesn’t show through.

yarnornaments_wrap_athomewithh Keep wrapping. Add more glue when you need to and wrap the yarn tightly until you get to the bottom.

yarnornaments_wrap2_athomewithh

Cut the yarn and press the end onto the ball. You can see how the bottom looks below.

yarnornaments_athomewithh That’s it. I’ll show you how I used some of these ornaments in my next post. I know you’re excited.

yarnornaments_final_athomewithh

12 comments:

  1. How awesome! I'm soooo going to do these this week...maybe next. I have ornaments and the yarn but will need to go get the glue. I can't thank you enough for sharing this.

    First time visiting you and I love your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like them! They really couldn't be any easier - happy crafting!

    ~Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. These turned out SO good! I love them!! Great job, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this look! The yarn adds such a cozy touch! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Natasha! I still love that yarn and am trying to figure out what else I can use it for this year!

      ~Heather

      Delete
  5. What a great idea! These would look perfect on my tree.

    -Tiara

    http://icecreamandfrenchfries.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so adorable!! I've seen regular yarn ones but I love these with the multiple colors! I'm a new reader and I can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so cute and easy! I love the yarn you used. It's a nice idea to re-use old ornaments if you ever decide to change your holiday color theme. Great job : ]

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!