Pages

Friday, December 2, 2011

Cheering Up the Place – Dining Room Edition

I’ve finished the indoor decorations for Christmas this year. In fact, I finished them the day after Thanksgiving. :) I had hoped that holiday decor would help cheer me up and it has a bit so I’m thankful for that. On to the pics!

The dining room plate wall was revamped. All of the blue plates came down and holiday or green plates went up.

holidayplates_platewall_before_athomewithh

holidayplates_platewall_after_athomewithh

Here’s the plate break-down. I only spent $10 on new plates although I was bummed I even spent that much. I had hoped to keep my new holiday decor down to around $15 but I ended up spending a bit more.

holidayplates_oldplates_athomewithh

  1. Holly Hobbie Plate – Notice the year. Yes, this plate is from the year I was born so it is an oldie but a goodie. I used to LOVE Holly Hobbie when I was little so I thought it was a great starting point for my plate wall.
  2. Green and gold plate from Anthro – I bought this plate a few years ago when one of the blue ones I bought (in the same pattern) broke.  I love it and thought it added a nice touch of green (we all know green and red are traditional holiday colors and I fully embrace that!) and a little glam with the gold accents.
  3. Milk glass revamped – I added some holiday ribbon to the scallops on my milk glass plates. One has this pretty red ribbon, another got a touch of shiny gold ribbon and the third has a green and red plaid that I found in my stash.

holidayplates_newplates_athomewithh

  1. Green plate from Pier1 – this isn’t a holiday plate but it was green and on clearance and I just loved the shape and pattern so I figured it would fit in nicely with my holiday plates. Cost: $4
  2. Tree plate from Target – this plate had me at hello. I loved the red glitter edge and the simple burlap-esque background with a simple brown tree. Cost: $3
  3. Holiday plate from TJMaxx – TJ’s always has great holiday plates and as soon as I saw this one I had to grab it. I loved all the green with just a hint of red to tie the other two holiday plates together. Cost: $3

The rest of the dining room got minimal decor since I wanted to keep it simple.  The built-in shelves got some pinecones on a milk glass platter, red berry picks added to the greenery and my new red feather tree ($6 on super clearance this summer at a local store in the UP) and an old glitter candle tree.

holiday_diningshelves_athomewithh holiday_diningtrees_athomewithhThe table got a white and red runner, clementines and a single poinsettia holiday pick fill my ruffle bowl and a sprinkling of candles complete the table. Simple and festive!

holiday_tabletop_athomewithhOn the shelf next to the door, I added some glitter candle trees to the top shelf next to my glass collection (and the bird was relocated from its usual home by the milk glass)…

holiday_shelftop_athomewithh …and some holiday books, glitter birds and a green glass bowl filled with glass ornaments were added to the middle shelf.

holiday_shelfmiddle_athomewithh That’s it for the dining room. I’ll be back with pics of the TREE(!) and the rest of the living room.

1 comment:

  1. Looking good!
    I saw the tree plate and thought "Hedy, that looks familiar..." - Target, that's why it looked so familiar ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!