Pages

Friday, December 23, 2011

Happy Holidays!

One of the best things about this time of year is opening my mailbox to find cards and pictures of my friends’ families. I have done various things over the years to display my holiday cards: hang them on the back of the front door, use a card holder and place them in a shallow dish on the coffee table.

This year I decided to hang a couple of command hooks on the wall near the tree in the living room and tie a piece of twine to each of the hooks. I then simply used mini clothespins from the Dollar Tree to hang the cards from the twine.  To cover the hooks, I clipped two of my Target poinsettia clips ($1 two years ago) to the twine near the hooks. I already need a second row since this one is full!

cards_athomewithh cards_string_athomewithh cards_clips_athomewithh My clothespins were $1 for a pack of 50 from the Dollar Tree but Paper Source also sells packs of 25 of them for $2.50 (natural, red or white) if you can’t find any at a dollar store (or if you really want colored ones and are too lazy like me to spray paint them).  I went with what I had and I also wanted the cards to be the focal point but you could use baker’s twine instead of natural twine for a colorful twist (or even the green twine I found at the Dollar Tree that I used in my DIY snow globes).

I’ll be taking the next week off from posting so that I can enjoy the holidays and some down time to reflect on this year and what I hope to accomplish next year both personally and professionally.  Happy Holidays from my home to yours!

holiday_printables_2 image source

1 comment:

  1. that's a great idea. i'll have to remember that for next year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!