Pages

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Virtual Furniture Shopping Continued

Earlier this week I posted about some chairs I’m considering for the living room. Well, I’m back today with some couch options. Couches are expensive, y’all! I’ve been in love with the Chloe Metro couch from Macy’s for years but now that I have Sami I’m not sure about the fabric but the slate color is amazing. 

chloecouch_ivory_macys  chloecouch_slate_macys

Macy’s also has the Corona collection (on clearance!) that I dig. I like the idea of a solid back and tufting – this sofa has both and it has a little less tufting than the Chloe, making it feel more modern and less feminine.

corona_sofa_macys

The Vaughn sofa at Crate and Barrel is gorgeous. The back isn’t solid but I love the shape of the couch and the fabric color options.

VaughnAptSofaCreamS11_crateandbarrel

The Landon Sofa at Pottery Barn is also a contender. There are so many fabric options I have no idea which I like best but I’m digging the Twill Seagrass. This sofa has eco-friendly, soy-based cushions, sustainably harvested wood, and recycled steel springs. You know my eco-loving mind is all over that.

landon_potterybarn 

Then there’s the always popular IKEA. They currently are offering 15% back in the form of a gift card if you purchase a sofa from there by 12/20 (EKTORP, KARLSTAD or KIVIK fabric seating, or KARLSTAD leather seating). The bonus of IKEA furniture is that most come with a slipcover option so you can easily remove and wash the cushion covers (great for those with pets and kids). The Karlstad is a possibility (I like both the plain or the tufted cover).

karlstad_ikea  karlstad_tufted

Naturally the IKEA options are the least expensive but I really, really love the Vaughn and Landon sofas (which are the most expensive of the ones I posted here). I need to start stalking the Pottery Barn outlet. Any other great sofa sources out there?

1 comment:

  1. I know that Macy's has a furniture warehouse in Minnie that has awesome deals. Kind of far to go for a couch, though? Uhaul?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!