So yes, it is a week or so into March and I’m finally posting my house to-do list for the year. What can I say – I’m a bit behind and I really have no excuse.
- Repaint office – yes, I just painted it last year but I’m still not in love with the pale green so I’m finally going to tackle that. And with that comes a slight shift in the colors for the room – possibly. I can’t make up my mind.
- Hang new bathroom light fixture - I hate the fixture that I have now but I’m not having any luck finding a suitable replacement. Hopefully I’ll find something this year.
- Hang new dining room light fixture - The one I have now I hung with Dad when I bought the house (see pic of it here). It was a quick fix and I never loved it so it is time to upgrade to something that will actually make me smile when I walk in the door and see it.
- Address the living room windows - I have a large picture window with awful vertical blinds. The problem is that my house is close to the street so I need some sort of window covering that will prevent people from looking in on me but the question is what. (wow were my pictures small back in the day – I need to update the old posts with bigger pics)
- Frame out kitchen window
- Hang shelf in kitchen
- Reglaze bathroom tub – I’m leaving this one for the pros…I think.
- Get new/paint fence - My fence was vandalized this winter which just makes me want a new one even more. I got a quote a few years ago to the tune of $3K for a 6’ privacy fence but I don’t have the dough to spend so I need to find another alternative.
- Replace gutter in back of house – yep, meant to do this last year. Oops.
- Maybe plant a veggie garden – this is a very tentative project
- Do something different with patio – I don’t eat outside as much as I should and really I think I want the outside to be more of a lounge area so I may change things up a bit. Stay tuned.
The list isn’t that long but seeing as I’m incredibly lazy lately, I’m sure this will last me all year.