Pages

Monday, March 26, 2012

Fruit Terrariums

While browsing the home goods section of TJMaxx recently I spied these cool glass fruit-shaped vessels.

glass_terrarium_athomewithh

I couldn’t figure out what you would use them for until that very same night when I was looking at the March/April 2012 issue of Lonny Mag. This article reminded me of those glass pieces…

terrarium_lonnymag_march2012

…and you can make the same thing at a fraction of the cost! Did you notice that the ones in the article cost $200-$1500?!? The large pieces at TJMaxx were $16.99 and the smaller ones (which are still pretty big) were $7.99.  I debated whether to buy one since I’ve been thinking of making a terrarium but I haven’t gone back yet.  Anyone make a terrarium lately? The article says they require little maintenance – which is right up my alley!

2 comments:

  1. I love that kind of stuff! That is so cool! I need one for my classroom. It's a jungle in here...I have plants everywhere!

    Let me know if you make one. You can order good plants for it off etsy....of all places!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been making terrariums for about a year and I love them. They basically need a little sun and regular waterings.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!