Pages

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Herringbone Art

It’s Pinterest Challenge time! Sherry of Young House Love and Katie from Bower Power have once again set out to create something that they’ve pinned on Pinterest (you can follow me here) and asked everyone to join in the fun. This time around I decided to make some art that was inspired by this herringbone paint chip art from ellementary home.

 

It seems that a lot of people are making art out of paint chips and why not since they are free and the color selection is amazing. However, I wanted to put a different spin on it and decided to use craft paper that I already owned. I chose blue since it is my favorite color and I have a ton of blue scrapbook paper in my stash. This project was incredibly easy and I completed it at night while watching old Law and Order reruns – just cut out your pieces of paper….

herringboneart_pieces_athomewithh …place them in the pattern you want (in this case herringbone though mine got slightly skewed – I blame the daiquiri(s) I was drinking while I did this. Don’t drink and craft, people!)…

herringboneart_zigs_athomewithh

herringboneart_pattern_athomewithh…and then affix them to paper using double-sided tape. Trim any overhang and then slide your artwork into a frame (in my case a $4 frame I had lying around the basement).

herringboneart_complete_athomewithh   I love that it has the herringbone pattern and reminds me of a quilt. I don’t know why but lately I’m drawn to quilts – maybe because of the random patterns on each piece of fabric…who knows. That’s it! Free art that takes an hour or so of television to complete. Um yes – I completed this at 10:38 p.m. on a week night.

herringboneart_athomewtihh Anyone else fall victim to paint chip art or the herringbone craze?

4 comments:

  1. looks great! I have that alarm clock. It was weird seeing it. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I'm a HUGE fan of this project! I love the colors you chose too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, ladies! It was a simple and fun project to do so I'm glad you liked it!
    ~Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors and patterns you chose, and I'd totally love to have a quilt that looked like that! Great job, and thanks for linking up with the Winter Pinterest Challenge!

    Erin @ The Great Indoors

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!