Pages

Friday, June 1, 2012

Belated Memorial Day

I’m so behind right now on pictures, my house, everything. Since my old computer crashed (more info to come soon on that – maybe) I have just fallen behind on all computer-related things, including uploading pictures and posting.

Since last Monday was Memorial Day, we had the day off from work. It was in the mid 90’s here so I spent the morning running errands in the air conditioning and the afternoon lying on my new bench reading my Kindle while drinking a frozen Coke (I used to be a Coke-a-day person but I’ve now had two in a month – that is freaking amazing for me as I try to cut back). One last project I wanted to complete on the patio was to add another plant to the mix. You’ve already read about how I power washed the patio, built a bench, adding cushions to the bench and hung netting to keep the pests out. This final project was super simple and it took less than 20 minutes. I found this great shade plant that I can hopefully keep alive and popped it into one of the terra cotta planters I already owned. Nice but it still needed something.

patioplants_athomewithh

I decided to add a little color blocking (which is all the rage right now in case you live under a rock) by simply painting the top banding and the water tray a glossy white. Seriously…so easy.

patioplants_planter_step1_athomewithh

I carefully dragged the angled brush so that the bottom lip of the band was also painted and then I painted the inside of the band so you’d see white vs. the brown. The last step was to paint the water tray and then add soil and my new plant after giving both pieces a day to dry. Much nicer.

patioplants_planter_step3_athomewithh

I then added some flag décor to the patio just to get in the holiday spirit. I bought these wooden stars from Target’s Dollar Section a year or two ago and the small flags were likely from a craft store but you never know.

patioplants_table_athomewithh

patioplants2_athomewithh

The inside of my patio is now finished! I still need to do some touch up paint on the outside but that will have to wait since right now I’m just going to go outside and enjoy the space.

curtain_hungup2_athomewithh

patiodecor_1_athomewithh

patioinside_finished2_athomewithh

patiodecor_2_athomewithh

patiodecor_3_athomewithh

patioinside_finished_athomewithh

Sources:

  • Yellow pillow – Cost Plus World Market
  • Green pillow – HomeGoods a few years ago
  • Patio furniture – Bed, Bath and Beyond (chairs), Meijer (table), bench (DIY)
  • Gradient tray – Target
  • White garden stool – HomeGoods
  • Small table – so old I don’t remember
  • Plants – our local Farmer’s Market
  • Door mat – clearance from Crate & Barrel last summer
  • Blue candle holder – Marshall’s
  • Green pots – TJMaxx
  • Black candle holder – KMart
  • Green candle holders – Pier 1 and Target
  • Beige hose – Lowes

1 comment:

  1. Its sweet as pie I have been doing just that ! You enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!