Pages

Monday, July 9, 2012

DIY Olympic Rings Table Confetti and Sign

I’m back with another Olympics Party update! Pardon my silence all of last week but I was on vacation and loving every minute of it.  Last time I showed you the fabric garland I made using the Olympics colors. Today’s project is table confetti and a sign using the Olympic rings.

olympic_header_athomewithh

You will need:

  • Paper in blue, black, red, yellow and green
  • 1.5” hole punch
  • 2” hole punch

olympicrings_confetti_athomewithh

Step 1. Using the 1.5” hole punch, punch circles in your papers.

olympicrings_confetti2_athomewithh

Step 2. Using the 2” hole punch, line up the cut circle inside the middle of the hole punch and punch a new circle.

olympicrings_confetti3_athomewithh

That’s it. Repeat multiple times until your hands hurt and you have a ton of Olympic rings.

olympicrings_confetti4_athomewithh

Seriously how easy was that? My paper has a sparkle to it that I can’t capture in pictures but the paper is awesome. I used one ring of each color to make a small sign to place in the kitchen in an IKEA frame. I cut out the ‘2012’ using my Cuttlebug paper cutting machine and the flag banners (that represent some of the countries competing in the Olympics) were hand sketched and colored using color pencils while watching television.

olympicrings_sign_athomewithh

Another simple, FREE to me project that took little time or effort (other than the pain in my palm from using the 2” hole punch – I really need to get an easier punch!).

When I take pictures of the house all decorated, you’ll see pictures of the confetti in action and where the sign ends up.

1 comment:

  1. Great post!! very informative.
    Thank you very much for such a lovely and informative post.
    Navratan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!