Pages

Friday, July 13, 2012

Friday Finds

Naturally I went to my favorite antique stores and gift shops when I was home last week. I shockingly didn’t buy anything at the antique stores but my favorite gift shop was good to me. First up – these fun, glittery bark stars.

barkstars_athomewithh

barstars2_athomewithh

All Christmas goods were 40% off so I got the large one for $4ish and the small one for $3ish. Sorry – I can’t remember the exact prices and I can’t find my receipt. These will go nicely with the wooden stars I bought from the Salvation Army last year.

I also bought this huge bag of wooden beads for $2ish (originally $6ish but 70% off). Seriously.

beads_athomewithh

I have no idea what I’m going to use them for but how about a chandelier…

 

…or a candle holder…

Source: bhg.com via Heather from on Pinterest

 

…or strung on a light cord…

 

…or a necklace, kid toy, whatever - the possibilities are endless! I also brought back a few things from my Grandmother’s house that I have plans for using in my house. Mainly, some buttons that I played with when I was little, a half-finished HAND STITCHED quilt and some small quilt pieces that would look awesome framed.

buttons_athomewithh

oldquilt_athomewithh

quiltpieces_athomewithh

Next week I’ll show you the non-crafty things I brought home from Grandma’s house. They have already found a new home at my house.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome!! That’s really incredible news. I am astonished to see the excellent toys. This is fully special toys. I never have seen in this type of toys. These toys indicate historical moment. I can say just one word, it is really luminous toys. It can embellish in the museums. Thanks for the superb posting.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!