Pages

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Inexpensive Porch Update

I recently went to Home Depot and found myself wandering in the garden center. Their plants/flowers were deeply discounted so I bought two hanging flower pots for $5 each, down from their original price of $20 each.

flowers_frontporch_athomewithh

I also bought a coconut liner for $8 that I placed into my plant stand and then simply placed the pots inside of it. Easy way to upgrade my entrance! (the black box is covering my house numbers)

flowers_frontporch2_athomewithh

I also recently gave the railings a fresh coat of paint and power washed the porch. The only problem with the front entrance are those damn rust spots that won’t go away. Last year I tried to fix them with rust inhibitor (which didn’t work obviously) and a fresh coat of paint. I give up – I’ve tried everything the internet has to offer in terms of dealing with those rust spots.

frontporch_metalstains_athomewithh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!