Pages

Monday, September 17, 2012

Going for the Gold

When at HomeGoods a couple of weeks ago I came across this gorgeous light fixture on clearance for $39. It had some scuffs on the shades that I figured would come off with a light scrubbing so I quickly grabbed it and headed toward the register.

robertabbey_homegoods_athomewithh

I’ve been looking for something for my bathroom since I hate the circus lights that are in there but anything even remotely nice has been over $100 and I wanted to keep the fixture below $50.  Let me just stop for a second to say how hard it is to find a good bathroom light that isn’t crazy huge or ugly…okay, back to my find.

The fixture had a tag indicating that it is a Robert Abbey light – I googled it when I got home and imagine my surprise when I found this here:

robertabbey_doughnut_sconce_athomewithh

Even if I paid the original HomeGoods price of $59 this was still a great deal! I also found it on Lightopia for $170 and a single one for $117 at LampsPlus. Crazy, right?!?

This beaut is gold…my bathroom is not so I broke out the spray paint to give it a little makeover.

bathroom_newlight_athomewithh

So, so in love. I’ll post the rest of the bathroom make-over this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!