Pages

Friday, February 1, 2013

Quick Tray Makeover

My mom bought me a tray oh at least a year ago from my favorite antique store in the U.P. I finally got around to doing something with it. The brown frame and brown decorative paper inside of it just weren’t doing it for me.

traybefore_athomewithh

To get started, I had to remove the handles and the back, which was held into place with small nails.

trayback_athomewithh

Then I simply washed everything (frame, handles, mirror), painted the frame a very light pink (I’m trying to get out of my comfort zone of WHITE!), cut a piece of  marbled paper found at The Paper Source into the correct shape and put it all back together.

trayafter_athomewithh

traycloseup_athomewithh

The tray is currently residing in the china hutch in the guest bedroom next to an old bourbon glass filled with pennies (my grandfather’s) and a keepsake glass from a winery in northern Michigan (notice the Mighty Mac on the glass).

trayafter2_athomewithh

I’m obsessed with marble paper right now and am considering buying a huge sheet to hang somewhere in my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!